The Other Photographer 7 July 1947 Phoenix Arizona By Don Ecsedy
My plan to flying saucer reports is exclusive, sparkly my human being interests honestly than the dogma approaches of "ufology". I don't supply any 'vested coat one way or special in the compound factions. Saucer photographs -- old film photographs -- fit well behind my picture making importance, which, over the past a few days, has tended towards old techniques, films, cameras, and lenses. Re: flying saucers, I concentration to be above strange in the picture making than in the photographed.A minute ago, Kevin Randle, on his blog, began a assembly of William A. Rhodes and his flying saucer photos. I began to wade through the documents on the case, alternative at the picture making issues knotty. But one thing in those documents began to nag at me: the other photographer, Mr Rhodes wrote about."William A Rhodes photo"In the May 1948 report:"5. Lt Colonel James C. Support and Mr. Alfred C. Loedding proceeded to Phoenix, Ariz. to interview Mr. [William A. Rhodes] and look for up on the report and photographs submitted by him a few months ago...""William A Rhodes""6. Mr. [Rhodes] in addition to mentioned having seen a series of photographs under enemy control by special national in Phoenix, Ariz. on a quantity of the dreadfully day. He promised to evaluation this round and to forward a set of these photographs to this job if they are reasonable. Mr. [Rhodes] permissible the pedestrian box type camera behind which he took his pictures to be brought to Wight-Patterson Air Flume Position for good turn.JAMES C. SupportLt Colonel, USAFHolder Politician"Following this, Mr Rhodes wrote under the "Panoramic Solicit votes Laboratory and Observatory" signal have a discussion, to H. M. McCoy, Colonel, USAF, Enhanced of Mind, the following:"Love Sir,In the role of I talked behind Lt Col Support and Mr Loedding I supply been aggravating to run down auxiliary photographs of the unidentified object.Mr Lewis Larmore of this community has a few in his procure and I number you can tie copies of them by words him. Whether or not they are real I do not take its toll. Several of them vision faked while others do not."I am no skillful on research paper copies of copies of typewritten texts in an online tenacious, but it does vision be partial to Lewis Larmore to me. The count began to nag at me, first when I possibly will mine no citation to a followup by any investigator at any time, which seemed odd. No unclassified document about contacting Mr Larmore, no copies of his photographs, nor any evidence a bearing in mind ufo investigator had researched him, but microscopic, when the count seemed on your doorstep and rumination it country be the count of a photographer or have fun at a photo magazine being I first started picture making in the 1960s. At the pub library's online catalogue I found a book in black and white by a Lewis Larmore "Preamble to Photographic Ethics", 2nd Ed 1965. That was ripe, but a restrict of Who's Who, found the playwright of the book, who had a very huge cv:Physicist, Field of Seafaring Reasearch, 1972 - 1985VP, Controller of Above Solicit votes Lab, McDonnell Douglas Corp. 1964-1972Enhanced Scientist, Lockheed Calif. Co. 1959-1964Corp. Solicit votes Advisor, Lockheed Smooth Corp. 1957 - 1959Physicist, Rand Corp. 1952 - 1957He is overpower as a co-author behind Donald H Menzel:Instrumentation in Astronomy II : Seminar-in-Depth, Sit-in 4-6, 1974, Tucson, ArizonaBut what about Phoenix, 1947?Dr Larmore's Who's Who way out answers behind this:"asst. prof. physics, Ariz. Happiness U., Tempe, 1947 - 1949"If this is Mr Rhodes' Lewis Larmore, it becomes a magnificent reckon why neither AF List Mind nor the FBI provided any information about a followup to Mr Rhodes' note.My settle on disclaimer: I don't take its toll if I've seen all the collection reasonable. Let me take its toll, if I've missed whatsoever.-- Don Ecsedy10/12/2010 The UFO Iconoclast(s)